The Bowl Company - Horrible Customer Service at Best

I made an online purchase for two items last week.One of the items, a serving tray from Mariposa, arrived this week.

The other item was not included within this order. I was shocked when I opened the package to find the actual Mariposa box to be quite damaged. Today I called The Bowl Company and spoke with Bob in customer service. Bob was condescending at best, and he told me that actual box didn't matter as long as the tray was undamaged.

Unfortunately, I purchased this item as a gift but it looks like it's been used or a re-gifted item. I can actually stick three fingers through the tear on the side of the box. Bob refused to let me speak with his supervisor but did offer me a $10 credit to buy a new box. He also refused to pay for return shipping for the tray which I'm guessing would be around $20-$25.

I will never do business with this company again. I wish I had read reviews from others before I placed this order. As a result of this shoddy customer service I cancelled the remaining portion of my original order. On a side note, Bob was able to describe where the damage was on the box even before I told him.

Clearly, this company unloaded their problem onto me.

I am enclosing a photo of the box.Buyers, you've been warned - beware!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Serving Tray
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #561549

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with The Bowl Company? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
the bowl company

Nov 29, 2014 #907624

Customer was given a 20% off discount and $10 for the box. Customer agreed to that solution as they admitted the tray was in perfect condition. Customer then wanted a new box over-nighted plus the discounts, which we would not do. All items are direct from manufacturer. We service thousands of customers each month, but we do not participate in PissedConsumer reviews. Check our Bizrate and Amazon ratings or ask us and we can send you customer testamonials, which solicit ratings from all buyers rather then just be a ground for the 1 or 2 customers that attempt to use reviews as a means to get something more. Excellent ratings. Excellent service from a family owned business since 2002.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.